AmenRa's Corner

A place where a skillful caddy always offers cool contemplation when it comes to your "stick" selection.




Creditcane™: This is what happens when you walk down a dark alley after being warned.


SPX
Bullish long day. Midpoint above EMA(10). Tested and held SMA(21). Well above the 38.2% minor retrace (1122.84). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 1200.07). QE2infinity. Back above the daily 3LB mid but still below the weekly 3LB mid.



DXY
Bearish short day. Midpoint above EMA(10). Tested and failed the 38.2% minor retrace (78.71). Still above all SMA's. No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 78.50). Confirming the monthly 3LB reversal up.



VIX
Bearish long day. Midpoint below EMA(10). Tested and failed SMA(21). Tested and failed its 61.8% minor retrace (38.05). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 25.25). Still running away from the "extreme fear" zone.



GOLD
Spinning top day. Midpoint below EMA(10). Tested and held its 50.0% retrace (1651.50). Failing SMA(89). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 1757.30). Must have the precious.



EURUSD
Bullish short day. Midpoint below EMA(10). Still below all SMA's. Tested and held its 100.0% minor retrace (1.3350). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 1.3464).



JNK
Bullish long day. Midpoint below EMA(10). Failing all SMA's. Tested and held its 0.0% retrace (35.62). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 36.71).



10YR YIELD
Bullish long day. Tested and held SMA(21). Midpoint above EMA(10). Holding above its 0.0% retrace (18.96). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 17.15).



WTI
Bullish long day. Failing all SMA's. Midpoint above EMA(10). Holding above its 0.0% retrace (78.53). New high on dally 3LB (reversal is 75.67). Not confirming the monthly 3LB reversal down.



SILVER
Bullish long day. Failing all SMA's. Midpoint below EMA(10). Tested and held its 61.8% minor retrace (31.80). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 36.58).



BKX
Bullish long day. Midpoint above EMA(10). Tested and held SMA(21). Tested and held its 38.2% minor retrace (36.60). Daily 3LB reversal up (reversal is 33.65).



HYG/LQD
Bullish long day. Failing all SMA's. Midpoint below EMA(10). Tested and held its 0.0% retrace (0.7375). Daily 3LB reversal up (reversal is 0.7241).



USDJPY
Bearish short day. Midpoint above EMA(10). Tested and failed SMA(21). Tested and failed its 38.2% retrace (76.561). No daily 3LB changes (reversal is 77.63).




IT HAS BEGUN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manicures bitchez!...

cv suggests you get them on the HILLTOP...

Anonymous said...

@ben

Speaking of 'arb' (from the other thread)...

It's ALL ABOUT 'arb'...

For instance... You could have gone from Bodog, to Pinnacle, to 5Dimes, to LVSands, to MGM, to Caesars and gotten ANY line from 8 to 10.5 on the 'Hilltoppers' tonight...

In the end though... Sometimes 'arb' represents VALUE & sometimes it doesn't matter...

I'll give you a different example...

Last week I took down BOOEY (much to the happiness of OTHER 'BooeyLeague'-ers)...

I 'ARBED'...

IDIOTS... would have assumed that I made a BAD DECISION by trading Michael Turner (who scored 20 points last week vs. just a handful for Roddy White - who I traded STRAIGHT UP for to my brother)...

It 'looked' that way for awhile (because I had to SUFFER Kellen Winslow, hopefully, scoring less than 5 points on MNF...

But frankly... Michael Turner was the FARTHEST thing from my mind when I made the trade...

Instead... I had pretty good conviction that I could WIN THE WEEK whomever I started...

Tom Brady (vs. YOUR Raiders was the key)... In fact - Tom Brady FAILED to live up to my expectation so I was forced to suffer the slings & arrows of my Turner for White deal (& the Holmes for Moss deal that I made with Andy as well)...

So YES... It's all about ARB...

Mt PERSONAL 'arb' oftentimes extends BEYOND:

- week 4 of the NFL
- what I eat for breakfast
- how much I drink at night
- candles, waves, & fiat redemption
- family values
- & other things that may or may not be important to OTHER PEOPLES personal 'arbs'

----

Expressly - YOU could have had Michael Turner in a STRAIGHT UP trade with Jamaal Charles just a few weeks before... BUT YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER TAKEN the trade... Because WHY?

Well... as I remember when I offered you 'Turner' in another deal, you expressed you had no interest in him...

I don't slight you for that (because the fact that I was offering him so 'willingly' to ANY takers is a clue that I don't have him at high value [despite what he does from week to week])...

ARB... as many things... is a PERSONAL choice... (foolishly 'retrofitted' in many occasions)...

cv

Anonymous said...

Here's another ARB...

I WISH I'd have submitted this earlier (I SWEAR I wish I would have)...

But 'Matthew'... here... was QUICK to dismiss the Tigers the other day (saying they couldn't HANG with the YANKS based on pitching depth)...

I VEHEMENTLY disagree...

Doug Fister (I can DOCUMENT this), I think is an awesome young pitcher in MLB...

I had him for 75% of my GANTAST BB season this year...

He's on my 'picks' list for NEXT YEAR... I think I'll get him as probably my 5th pitcher (but to understand that - you have to understand that I'm OFF THE WALL on fantasy baseball drafts (where most people go for HITTERS on their 1st 3 picks or so)...

Basically that means I'd be taking hin in the 5th or 6th round (where most may not be getting to that tier of pitcher until later rounds)...

Someday, I'll share fantasy baseball insights (FOR FREE) on this blog (or on MINE - for sure)...

cv

ben22 said...

get
over
your
self

you'd have thought, by now CV, you'd be the richest man alive

ben22 said...

and btw, you never tried to float me michael turner for charles, that proposal came after, and who am I going to give up for him then???

http://traders-anonymous.blogspot.com/2011/09/amenras-corner_15.html?showComment=1316140943547#c1568999545240673313

http://traders-anonymous.blogspot.com/2011/09/weekend-timeouts_17.html?showComment=1316369758152#c3504961888622789445

nah, in fact, your only insight that week for my pathetic team was to pick up the eagles charles gibson, a person that doesn't even exist

AmenRa said...

I've got a good laugh from the catch up reading. Boxers the bell has wrung. Back to your corners. Next round starts in the morning. Have a couple of beers or frous frous.

Post a Comment

Disclosure/Warning

This blog should not be interpreted as investment advice of any kind. The authors are NOT representing themselves CTAs or CFAs or Investment/Trading Advisor of any kind. The authors may or may not trade in the markets discussed. The authors may hold positions opposite of what may by inferred by this blog.The information contained in this blog is taken from sources the authors believes to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by the authors as to the accuracy or completeness thereof and is presented here for information purposes only. Commodity trading involves risk and is not for everyone.