Winner, Winner, Chicken LOBSTER Dinner!

First of all I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday... I couldn't be online all day because I was busy doing a lot of different things...

YES... "Super Saver"... CV had $200 (on his nose), which paid $1,800...

My Hero

The LOBSTER DINNER was on yours truly :-)

 And yes... I was watching as that guy placed his suitcase-full ($100,000) on the #4 horse (Super Saver) & won $900,000... Anyway, I think we BOTH kinda felt like this... 


mcHAPPY said...

Congrats, CV.

This 'bailout' of Greece is lunacy. See the link on previous thread for the reaction in the streets. Next read Bloomberg's write-up:

Bloomberg notable quotes:

About two-thirds of the funds will come from Greece’s 15 euro-area partners, which must still sign off on the disbursement by a unanimous decision. (Everyone hold your breath!)

Germany will provide 28 percent of the euro region’s contribution. (Do I hear "Nein way!")

Prime Minister George Papandreou said “avoiding bankruptcy is a national red line” and the agreement will demand “big sacrifices” from Greeks to avoid “catastrophe.” (Did you see the MW video?)

“We find ourselves before the most savage, unprovoked and unjust attack,” Spyros Papaspyros, head of the ADEDY civil servants union, said last week after seeing an outline of the cuts. (Papandreou I think you have a problem.)

“There is a very real possibility that at the end of two or three years, Greece will still have an unsustainable debt and will have to restructure because it will have a deep, deep recession in the meantime,” said Barry Eichengreen, economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. (hahahahaha)

mcHAPPY said...

Get ready for new headlines Wednesday, "Greek bailout in JEOPARDY!

Alex: Also referred to as when PIIGS fly.

mcHAPPY: What is a Greek bailout?)

qqqqtrader said...

Weekly Scorecard

S&P 500 1,186.69 -2.51%
DJIA 11,008.61 -1.75%
NASDAQ 2,461.19 -2.73%
Russell 2000 716.60 -3.41%
Wilshire 5000 12,279.27 -2.60%
Russell 1000 Growth 526.84 -2.44%
Russell 1000 Value 616.06 -2.64%
Morgan Stanley Consumer 714.12 -2.25%
Morgan Stanley Cyclical 936.36 -3.17%
Morgan Stanley Technology 599.04 -3.93%
Transports 4,670.92 -1.69%
Utilities 387.95 -.15%
MSCI Emerging Markets 42.35 -1.08%
Lyxor L/S Equity Long Bias Index 1,011.85 -.74%
Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias Index 870.70 unch.
Lyxor L/S Equity Short Bias Index 849.95 +1.49%

NYSE Cumulative A/D Line +93,638 +1.16%
Bloomberg New Highs-Lows Index +512 -704
Bloomberg Crude Oil % Bulls 43.0 +22.86%
CFTC Oil Net Speculative Position +106,264 -10.05%
CFTC Oil Total Open Interest 1,395,964 +2.88%
Total Put/Call 1.0 +42.86%
OEX Put/Call 1.86 +313.33%
ISE Sentiment 95.0 -34.03%
NYSE Arms 2.16 +72.80%
Volatility(VIX) 22.05 +32.67%
G7 Currency Volatility (VXY) 11.24 +.18%
Smart Money Flow Index 9,769.05 -.63%
Money Mkt Mutual Fund Assets $2.872 Trillion -.2%
AAII % Bulls 41.36 +8.50%
AAII % Bears 28.64 -16.38%

Futures Spot Prices
CRB Index 277.71 -.48%
Crude Oil 86.15 +1.28%
Reformulated Gasoline 239.94 +1.72%
Natural Gas 3.92 -9.37%
Heating Oil 231.57 +1.68%
Gold 1,180.70 +1.86%
Bloomberg Base Metals 215.95 -3.81%
Copper 335.35 -5.18%
US No. 1 Heavy Melt Scrap Steel 373.33 USD/Ton unch.
China Hot Rolled Domestic Steel Sheet 4,599 Yuan/Ton -1.73%
S&P GSCI Agriculture 310.09 +.04%

ECRI Weekly Leading Economic Index 133.70 +.53%
Citi US Economic Surprise Index +20.30 -3.2 points
Fed Fund Futures imply 98.0% chance of no change, 2.0% chance of 25 basis point cut on 6/23
US Dollar Index 81.87 +.67%
Yield Curve 269.0 -5 basis points
10-Year US Treasury Yield 3.65% -16 basis points
Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet $2.313 Trillion -.30%
U.S. Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap 36.0 -5.26%
Western Europe Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap Index 116.0 +15.81%
10-Year TIPS Spread 2.40% +3 basis points
TED Spread 19.0 +2 basis points
N. America Investment Grade Credit Default Swap Index 90.27 +1.68%
Euro Financial Sector Credit Default Swap Index 99.76 +3.33%
Emerging Markets Credit Default Swap Index 221.65 +4.83%
CMBS Super Senior AAA 10-Year Treasury Spread 234.0 +8 basis points
M1 Money Supply $1.691 Trillion +.30%
Business Loans 618.20 -.05%
4-Week Moving Average of Jobless Claims 462,500 +.3%
Continuing Claims Unemployment Rate 3.6% unch
Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate 5.06% -1 basis point
Weekly Mortgage Applications 534.60 -2.89%
ABC Consumer Confidence -49 +1 point
Weekly Retail Sales +2.7% -30 basis points
Nationwide Gas $2.88/gallon +.03/gallon
U.S. Cooling Demand Next 7 Days 53.0% above normal
Baltic Dry Index 3,359 +11.74%
Oil Tanker Rate(Arabian Gulf to U.S. Gulf Coast) 62.50 -7.41%
Rail Freight Carloads 212,347 +1.16%
Iraqi 2028 Government Bonds 83.25 -.12%

Best Performing Style
Large-Cap Growth -2.44%

Worst Performing Style
Small-Cap Value -3.64%

Leading Sectors
Gold +4.21%
Gaming +.36%
Biotech +.19%
Utilities -.15%
Telecom -.84%

Lagging Sectors
Semis -4.31%
Steel -5.07%
Oil Service -8.65%
Education -9.0%
Disk Drives -10.26%


Leading Sectors
Disk Drives +8.96%
Homebuilders +8.59%
Oil Service +8.13%
REITs +6.84%
Gaming +6.65%

Lagging Sectors
Education -1.0%
Drugs -1.18%
Biotech -1.40%
Airlines -1.86%
Medical Equipment -2.16%

Bruce in Tennessee said...

15 inches of rain in Nashville over the last 24 hours. 5 people drowned by not being able to stay out of the rising water...

The Aussies are also trying to kill the goose that laid the golden eggs.


Australia looks at 40 percent tax on mining profit

...As the dim bulb of awareness comes on here in east Tennessee, he realizes that it is not about investment banks and big industry, although that is a part of it. No, it may well be about preserving and enlarging government. Greeks, Aussies, Americans, Brits, Frogs, they are all pushing on the string....

Gotta go repair a trailer...

mcHAPPY said...

Oh yeah, Dubai!

Dubai, the second-biggest sheikhdom in the United Arab Emirates, went from being the world’s best performing property market to the worst within a year. Luckily, China will be able to take this title away next year.

On the Greece front, Merkel may have been right but who gives a rat's ass if the country riots - which it already is.

BinT said...

Hey I-Man:

We had so much rain this weekend, a house ran into a car in Interstate 24.....


"A car is covered with debris as it and 20 cars and tractor trailers wait to be cleared from I-24 eastbound toward Murfreesboro, Tenn. The wooden structure to the left is the porch of the building that floated down I-24 according to TDOT workers on the scene. (AP Photo/The Tennessean, Tom Stanford)"

BinT said...

Nashville may get 22 inches in 48 hours..

CV said...


Greece may get 22 inches in 48 hours too :-)

Post a Comment


This blog should not be interpreted as investment advice of any kind. The authors are NOT representing themselves CTAs or CFAs or Investment/Trading Advisor of any kind. The authors may or may not trade in the markets discussed. The authors may hold positions opposite of what may by inferred by this blog.The information contained in this blog is taken from sources the authors believes to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by the authors as to the accuracy or completeness thereof and is presented here for information purposes only. Commodity trading involves risk and is not for everyone.