AmenRa's Corner

A place where a skillful caddy always offers cool advice when it comes to your "stick" selection

Bullish long day. Next fibo target (using low) is the 1.8276 at 1218.63. Midpoint still above 10 SMA (uptrend). Market want to get to the 61.8% retrace at 1228.74 before letting the bears party. New high on daily 3LB with reversal now 1192.13. QE2infinity.

Bearish long day. Tested and held the 21 SMA. Midpoint above 10 SMA (uptrend). Avoided closing above the 233 SMA on the weekly chart at 81.47. No daily 3LB changes.

Takuri day (usually bullish...yeah right). Still below the 61.8% fibo ext (support). Midpoint back above 10 SMA. No daily 3LB changes.

Bullish long day (confirmed hammer). Midpoint still below 10 SMA. Didn't need to test the 14.6% fibo ext. No daily 3LB changes.

Bullish short day. Midpoint below the 10 SMA. Closed below the 21 SMA. Tested the 0.0% fibo retrace and passed. Next fibo level of 1.2935 is still a target in case of weakness (Greece is lighting the fuse as we speak). Tested trendline (11/27/09-3/17/10) and failed. No daily 3LB changes.

Bearish long day. Stayed above the 1.618 fibo of 154.80. Closed back below the 0.0% fibo ext. New low on daily 3LB with reversal now 160.70. Still trending down on the daily 3LB. Have fun on the back nine Lloyd.


mcHAPPY said...

LB, I would not mind being a contrarian indicator. Came awfully close to my stop on FAZ and FXP is crawling ahead since I joined in - but still in on both. I was looking for a close over 1215 - we got it.

mcHAPPY is still very much a bear. Looking for a final leg up before all hell breaks lose for DL. I do not think the highs will extend too far beyond previous highs. Just a long grind higher to get more Johnny's onboard and inflate DL a little more - don't get me wrong, you haven't been wrong so pat on the back for you.

Here is my music for Friday night, appropriate for anyone tired of waiting for P3:

(video starts around 0:30)

Additional Friday night music from mcHAPPY. This one goes out to Erin Burnett, Steve LIESman, Kneale, Kudlow, and all the cheerleaders at CNBC:

I-Man said...

It please I just to see the mountains.

SC said...

P I G S (Four Different Ones)

Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.
And when your hand is on your heart,
You're nearly a good laugh,
Almost a joker,
With your head down in the pig bin,
Saying "Keep on digging."

mcHAPPY said...

qqqqtrader said...

Weekly Scorecard

S&P 500 1,1217.28 +2.11%
DJIA 11,204.28 +1.68%
NASDAQ 2,530.15 +1.97%
Russell 2000 714.92 +3.82%
Wilshire 5000 12,607.66 +2.34%
Russell 1000 Growth 540.02 +1.71%
Russell 1000 Value 632.77 +2.73%
Morgan Stanley Consumer 730.59 +1.93%
Morgan Stanley Cyclical 967.01 +3.41%
Morgan Stanley Technology 623.53 +.91%
Transports 4,751.33 +2.27%
Utilities 388.52 +2.39%
MSCI Emerging Markets 42.81 -.06%
Lyxor L/S Equity Long Bias Index 1,007.99 -.14%
Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias Index 866.38 -.43%
Lyxor L/S Equity Short Bias Index 852.03 +1.05%

NYSE Cumulative A/D Line +93,851 +4.79%
Bloomberg New Highs-Lows Index +1,216 +8
Bloomberg Crude Oil % Bulls 35.0 -20.45%
CFTC Oil Net Speculative Position +121,475 +7.15%
CFTC Oil Total Open Interest 1,356,869 -2.55%
Total Put/Call .70 -17.65%
OEX Put/Call .45 -65.65%
ISE Sentiment 144.0 +34.55%
NYSE Arms 1.25 -58.47%
Volatility(VIX) 16.62 -9.48%
G7 Currency Volatility (VXY) 11.22 +2.09%
Smart Money Flow Index 9,831.17 +.42%
Money Mkt Mutual Fund Assets $2.878 Trillion -1.2%
AAII % Bulls 38.12 -21.37%
AAII % Bears 34.25 +15.32%

Futures Spot Prices
CRB Index 279.05 +.99%
Crude Oil 85.12 +.83%
Reformulated Gasoline 235.31 +3.54%
Natural Gas 4.12 +4.20%
Heating Oil 225.05 +1.72%
Gold 1,153.70 +1.40%
Bloomberg Base Metals 224.50 -4.35%
Copper 353.05 -.37%
US No. 1 Heavy Melt Scrap Steel 373.33 USD/Ton +6.16
China Hot Rolled Domestic Steel Sheet 4,680 Yuan/Ton +.06%
S&P GSCI Agriculture 309.95 -.01%

ECRI Weekly Leading Economic Index 133.0 +1.29%
Citi US Economic Surprise Index +23.50 -4.5 points
Fed Fund Futures imply 86.0% chance of no change, 14.0% chance of 25 basis point cut on 4/28
US Dollar Index 81.35 +.65%
Yield Curve 274.0 -7 basis points
10-Year US Treasury Yield 3.81% +5 basis points
Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet $2.320 Trillion -.07%
U.S. Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap 38.0 +5.55%
Western Europe Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap Index 100.17 +9.67%
10-Year TIPS Spread 2.37% +3 basis points
TED Spread 17.0 +2 basis points
N. America Investment Grade Credit Default Swap Index 88.78 +5.11%
Euro Financial Sector Credit Default Swap Index 96.53 +23.08%
Emerging Markets Credit Default Swap Index 211.44 +.04%
CMBS Super Senior AAA 10-Year Treasury Spread 226.0 unch.
M1 Money Supply $1.686 Trillion -1.21%
Business Loans 618.50 +.72%
4-Week Moving Average of Jobless Claims 460,300 +.6%
Continuing Claims Unemployment Rate 3.6% unch.
Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate 5.07% unch.
Weekly Mortgage Applications 550.60 +13.60%
ABC Consumer Confidence -50 -3 points
Weekly Retail Sales +3.0% -30 basis points
Nationwide Gas $2.85/gallon -.01/gallon
U.S. Cooling Demand Next 7 Days 15.0% below normal
Baltic Dry Index 3,013 +.13%
Oil Tanker Rate(Arabian Gulf to U.S. Gulf Coast) 67.50 unch.
Rail Freight Carloads 209,903 +3.12%
Iraqi 2028 Government Bonds 83.0 +.12%

Best Performing Style
Small-Cap Value +4.86%

Worst Performing Style
Large-Cap Growth +1.71%

Leading Sectors
Disk Drives +8.96%
Homebuilders +8.59%
Oil Service +8.13%
REITs +6.84%
Gaming +6.65%

Lagging Sectors
Education -1.0%
Drugs -1.18%
Biotech -1.40%
Airlines -1.86%
Medical Equipment -2.16%

Bruce in Tennessee said...

Well, I was delighted that Todd McShay,who apparently was simply trying to crush any possible chance in the NFL for Tebow, got his due comeuppance....

Bruce in Tennessee said...

In honor of the FDIC, an oldie by Dan Fogelberg:

AmenRa said...

Courtesy of FDIC:

Wheatland Bank, Naperville, IL
Peotone Bank and Trust Company, Peotone, IL
Lincoln Park Savings Bank, Chicago, IL
New Century Bank, Chicago, IL
Citizens Bank&Trust Company of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Broadway Bank, Chicago, IL
Amcore Bank, N.A., Rockford, IL

Bye bye.

karen said...

i made the most amazing mahi tonight.. cooked to perfection in butter, garlic and chiles, served on rice and topped with fresh salsa..

thanks for candle wrap!! not! other than GS.. AR, can't you just paint my own reality for a change.. pls.

karen said...

CV, Shattered! Excellent theme.. Adore the thot..
DL, your personality is growing on me in leaps and bounds..

AmenRa said...


Which ones interest you? I'll add them.

CV said...


Dinner...mmmmmmmmmm!... U know it's funny, I had almost EXACTLY the same thing...

Except the mahi was talapia... The salsa garnish was close, but it had a little curry in it as well...

Nic said...

Must have been fish night everywhere! I made a thai fish curry.

Mannwich said...

Latest from Grantham.

Post a Comment


This blog should not be interpreted as investment advice of any kind. The authors are NOT representing themselves CTAs or CFAs or Investment/Trading Advisor of any kind. The authors may or may not trade in the markets discussed. The authors may hold positions opposite of what may by inferred by this blog.The information contained in this blog is taken from sources the authors believes to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by the authors as to the accuracy or completeness thereof and is presented here for information purposes only. Commodity trading involves risk and is not for everyone.